Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Community Helper Lesson Plan








In this lesson, I did a KWL chart on Community Helpers. I had the students brainstorm and list the different types of community helpers they find on our island of Saipan. I also have the student list what they want to learn about community helpers. Then, I showed them plastic toys of all the community helpers. Each group had to choose one of their favorite community helper and write facts of what they know about that community helper. I did help them by writing down their facts. When all the groups are done with their facts sheet, I made each group member present their findings to class. I was so amazed that I had to take picture. It was really cute for me to see a 5 year old students go up to the board and present their work. Mrs. Cyndi and I laughed with joy to see how our students have grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment